How to Care for and Maintain Artificial Grass
While artificial grass requires less maintenance than real grass, in order to ensure that your Perfect Green USA artificial turf lasts and looks incredible for the longest possible time, you will have to show your grass some tender love and care. Luckily, you won’t have to do nearly as much yard work as you would have to with real grass! Most of the work required of you will be preventative. Even cleaning is as simple as spraying your turf down with a hose!
Equipment You’ll Need
Cleaning your artificial grass is easy to do whether you are in Las Vegas or anywhere else. All you will need to get started are a few household items that you should already have laying around from before you made the switch to artificial grass!
What you’ll need:
- Leaf blower
- A rake that does not have metal teeth! (as to avoid damaging the turf).
- A Turf Brush
How To Clean Artificial Grass
Cleaning artificial grass is quick and easy! But let’s look at how to clean turf when there are mild stains, stubborn stains, and even the sticky messes from tree sap and bubble gum! Additionally, since artificial grass is so great for pets, we will also teach you how to properly dispose of and clean pet waste.
4 Cleaning Tips For Stains:
For cleaning mild stains that can be from soda, pet urine, or a simple mess from dropping your plate at the barbecue right on your
Perfect Green lawn, you will just need to follow these steps.
– The sooner that you clean up the mess, the less likely it will be that the mess stains your grass. Acting fast will also prevent the stain from hardening which can cause its own problems in regards to cleaning.
Blot, don’t scrub!
– As with most stains and spills, you will want to make sure that you are blotting with a rag or towel and not scrubbing. Scrubbing can cause artificial grass to wear and tear so you will want to be gentle.
Rinse with water and mild detergent
– Cleaning your artificial grass is as easy as using a mild home detergent or to lift stains.
– Now it’s time to grab a hose and make sure that you rinse away the detergent.
For Stubborn Stains
The process for removing stubborn stains is the same as it is for mild stains (see above) but you will likely need to use a stronger detergent such as mineral spirits (mineral turpentine) to draw out the stain. Apply the mineral spirits, blot the excess liquid, and rinse well when finished.
For Stubborn Sticky Stains
If you are in Las Vegas where Perfect Green USA is, you may find that stains dry up in the hot sun, so you may find yourself needing to remove sticky stains from chewing gum, and tree sap.
In the event that you are dealing with these kinds of stains, you will need to harden the gum or sap and scrape them off. This is commonly done with aerosol refrigerants but you will need to do so safely.
Removing Pet Waste from Artificial Grass
If you use your artificial grass for your pets as many do, then you will inevitably have to clean up after them. It is important to remember that artificial grass will drain liquids on its own fairly well so the only things that you will need to focus on are picking up droppings.
- Allow pet waste to dry before you remove it.
- Rinse the area down with a hose to prevent odors.
You can also purchase anti-microbial infill in order to reduce the likelihood of germs and bacteria spreading.
Maintaining Your Las Vegas Artificial Lawns for the Future
Apart from cleaning your artificial grass, you will also want to maintain it to ensure that it lasts you as long as you’d hope for! Artificial grass is durable and can last anywhere between 15 and 25 years with proper care.
To ensure that your grass lasts this long you will need to:
- Clear the artificial grass of debris
- Rinse regularly to prevent staining
- Use a Turf Brush to groom and clean the artificial grass
To learn more about caring for your Las Vegas artificial grass from the experts, visit the Perfect Green USA blog.